We hope you enjoy this site that celebrates all things Washoe Valley- a great community. The layout is blog-style so feel free to scroll down the page to discover recent and old posts. If you are looking for a particular topic, click on a Category or a tag under Popular Topics found in the right column. Older, archived articles are in the Archives. We welcome your input on in the comments for each article and your articles, questions and concerns. Happy browsing!
Local Civics Resources:
- Washoe Valley Citizens Advisory Board (CAB) Meet county officials and offer input on county business in Washoe Valley. Meets the 2nd Thursday at 6pm at South Valleys library. Agendas
- County Comissioner: Bob Lucey 775-328-2005.
- County Commission Meetings. 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays at 10am at 1001 E 9th. Meeting Schedule and agendas. Agendas available Wednesday prior to next meeting.
- Nevada Senate District 16, Ben Kiekhefer,
- Nevada Assembly District 40, Al Kramer, map
- Nevada Assembly District 26, Lisa Krasner, map
- U.S. Congressional District 2, Mark Amodei: 775-686-5760: email
- US Senator Dean Heller: 775-686-5770; email
- US Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto email
- washoevalleyalliance.org Local organization for coordinating community development concerns.
- nextdoor.com Free neighbor to neighbor posts just for Washoe Valley residents. 485 members as of this date.
If you have other local resources that should be listed here, please email the editor.
updated: 5 Jan 2017